Host

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Dream Came True

100,000 people in St. Louis, the largest turn out for a U.S Event. This is the dream Martin Luther King Jr. envisioned.






I voted today. Since 18 I have voted not consistently but I voted. I never truly believed in the process but I know many blacks and women fought for my privilege. I remember marching when I was 9 in Forysth County here in Georgia and white men threw rocks at us while shouting N***gers get out. I remember my white girlfriends telling me I couldn't come to their sleepovers because their parents don't like black people, I was 10. I remember in high school and my cousin was 8yrs old and my white friend father drove us home but we had to sit in the back of the car. This white friend after we were already in her home told me her father has issues with black men and my cousin may make him feel uncomfortable. If I knew this before we would've never went to her home. But I remember thinking my cousin was only 8 but in her fathers blue eyes he was already a threat.

A reporter on CNN said Barack Obama is not the typical African American Man he is different. Yes Barack Obama is different but not because of his color, because he chased his dream and as I watch the election coverage he will be President. Not many people can claim the elite title of President Elect or President. Thats why he is different. The media biggest fan is FEAR. Fear steals your dreams, your hopes, and ability to accept other races. America was built on the sweat and fear of many ethnicities beginning with the Indians. Many non-whites in this county don't know we constantly have to be one step ahead in this life to dispel foolish comments like oh your not the typical black person or you're articulate.

Today is emotional because people are not looking at skin color looking but the content of the candidates character. I see white men with wearing Obama pins, white soccer moms with Obama/Biden bumper sticks and just 40+ years ago you saw signs---white or coloreds only. This transformation is beyond words. This change will not be overnight it is only the continuation of changing state of mind. Its Inspiration.


No comments: